Fedora 27: Sage installation

Manfred Scheucher

Apr 25, 2018, 12:04:21 PM4/25/18
to sage-support
Hello,

I just set up a new fedora (release 27) and installed sage math using the dnf package manager. in order to start sage I had to install ipython (some dependencies) and, there are also seem to be some packages missing to solve mixed integer programs... I managed to change the error message by installing some further packages but at some point just downloaded the full tar.bz2 from the sage website, which works without any problems

however, since this seems to be a dependency problem please take a look or forward to the responsible developers

Best regards,
Manfred

Vincent Delecroix

Apr 25, 2018, 3:38:01 PM4/25/18
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com, dead...@gmail.com
Dear Manfred,

Thanks for you report. However this list is intended for sage
development which is not likely to be read by package maintainers. You
would better address your mail to the corresponding fedora mailing list.

Best
Vincent

Manfred Scheucher

Apr 25, 2018, 4:55:21 PM4/25/18