Impressive use cases of Sagemath - examples for a workshop

Jernej

Apr 11, 2014, 7:55:05 AM4/11/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com, Nathann Cohen
Hello!

In the upcoming month I will speak on a workshop about Sage that our university organizes for undergrad students mainly from the field of math and physics.

As I'd like to make the workshop as interesting as possible I wondering if anyone of you can share some neat/cool/impressive examples of Sage usage.

I do most of my work in the terminal and for example I just recently (by accident) came to know about the neatness of the interact commands. I would like to avoid the scenario
in which I just present the boring aspects of my research usage of Sage and hence I am asking you:

1. Do you have any cool examples of Sage usage to share (anything that is fun for you really)

2. If you were to have a Sage workshop for students what would you talk about?

Best,

Jernej

Harald Schilly

Apr 11, 2014, 8:09:52 AM4/11/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com, Nathann Cohen
Hi, there are plenty of benchmarks you can do, if speed is something those are easily impressed by.
Here are some interacts,
http://wiki.sagemath.org/interact
and
http://interact.sagemath.org

Regarding physics, a simple thing is the part for converting units. There are also more advanced usages, but I cannot find the example (there is at least one in the wiki)