SageMath 8.1 Native for Windows

Murat Arpat

Jan 22, 2018, 11:10:52 AM1/22/18
to sage-support
Hello,

I've installed SageMath 8.1 on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and Fedora Workstation 27, both works fine. Then, I've tried to install it on Windows 10 using native installer binary, however, after a successful installation it does not load giving the error on attached screenshot.

Any ideas/solution to this problem?

Regards.

System Specs
-----------------------------
i5-2410 / 8GB RAM / 256GB SSD / Windows 10 Pro x64
sagemath_console_error.jpg

Erik Bray

Jan 31, 2018, 4:50:54 AM1/31/18
to sage-support
Hi,

I haven't seen anyone else report this problem, and just about the only reason I can image is that the installation did not compete somehow.  I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling again if you haven't tried that already.

But before you do that, if you go in the Sage shell (e.g. via the shortcut titled "SageMath 8.1 Shell") and run

ls -l /opt/sagemath-8.1/local/bin/cygSingular-*.dll

what does it find?

Best,
Erik

Marek Spychała

Mar 11, 2018, 11:19:07 AM3/11/18
to sage-support
Hi, so I have this problem also. I have tried to instal both versions SageMath 8.1 and 8.0 on windows 10. I also have tried to reinstall, but it doesn't help.
And I don't know how to run:
"ls -l /opt/sagemath-8.1/local/bin/cygSingular-*.dll"

Best
Marek
Screenshot_20180311_002105.jpg
Screenshot_20180311_101041.jpg

slelievre

Mar 11, 2018, 1:35:16 PM3/11/18
to sage-support
Sun 2018-03-11 15:19:07 UTC, Marek Spychała:

> And I don't know how to run:
> "ls -l /opt/sagemath-8.1/local/bin/cygSingular-*.dll"
>
> Best
> Marek

The SageMath installer for Windows should have put three
shortcut icons on your Desktop:
- SageMath Console
- SageMath Jupyter Notebook
- SageMath Shell

Open the one called "SageMath Shell", copy and paste this line

    ls -l /opt/sagemath-8.1/local/bin/cygSingular-*.dll

and press the "enter" or "return" key on your keyboard.

Marek Spychała

Mar 11, 2018, 3:09:54 PM3/11/18
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
thank you very much for your help. I did as you said. I open "SageMath Shell" as administrator.

Best.
Marek

Screenshot_20180311_200403.jpg