ipython+show -> popup

Buck Evan

Apr 14, 2015, 2:29:16 PM4/14/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
In the old sage notebook I could write `show(plot1); show(plot2)` and they would both be shown within the notebook.

In the ipython/sage notebook, if I do such a thing I get two popups and nothing in the notebook.

At the sagedays someone suggested it was a bug; the default behavior of show() in ipython/sage notebook should be inline.

Is there any workaround I can use for now though?
Is there any existing bug to track this?

Buck Evan

Apr 14, 2015, 2:51:52 PM4/14/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I'm at pycon2015 / sagedays65 in room 512d, in case any of you are as well.

Volker Braun

Apr 14, 2015, 3:34:42 PM4/14/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Inline plots work in Sage now, you just need a sufficently new version.

Buck Evan

Apr 14, 2015, 4:14:14 PM4/14/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
OK. I'll build the develop branch real quick.

Buck Evan

Apr 14, 2015, 4:15:17 PM4/14/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
(now with less snark, sorry)

I'm using 6.5 which is the latest release.
I hear that 6.6 was released some minutes ago. Is that the version you were referring to?

Volker Braun

Apr 14, 2015, 4:52:22 PM4/14/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com, buck...@gmail.com
yes, or some rc / later beta.

Daniel Krenn

Apr 15, 2015, 11:19:47 AM4/15/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Am 2015-04-14 um 21:34 schrieb Volker Braun:
> Inline plots work in Sage now, you just need a sufficently new version.

In 6.6

show(x+1)

still shows the result externally, not inline.

Daniel

Buck Evan

Apr 15, 2015, 11:23:03 AM4/15/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Same. While the plots are fixed, trying to show() equations still makes a popup.

Bug? Already ticketed?

Volker Braun

Apr 15, 2015, 11:32:42 AM4/15/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Relevant tickets are:

http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/17821
#17821: Refactor show() methods, rename to pretty_print

http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/18116
#18116: ipython notebook: show compile LaTeX inplace