Building from source not working

Christoffer Rasmussen

Oct 19, 2017, 7:13:35 PM10/19/17
to sage-support

Hello I followed this guide: http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/installation/source.html
But it stops immediately after writing "make".
I use Void Linux. But I get following error message:
make build/make/Makefile
make
[1]: Entering directory '/home/unistation/.local/share/sage-8.0'
rm
-f config.log
mkdir
-p logs/pkgs
ln
-s logs/pkgs/config.log config.log
checking
for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment
is sane... yes
checking
for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking
for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $
(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables
... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer
-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
configure
: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure
: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
checking
for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment
is sane... yes
checking
for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking
for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $
(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables
... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer
-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
checking
for root user... no
checking build system type
... Invalid configuration `x': machine `x' not recognized
configure: error: bash config/config.sub x failed
Since '
SAGE_PORT' is set, we will try to build anyway.
make[1]: Leaving directory '
/home/unistation/.local/share/sage-8.0'
build/bin/sage-logger \
    "cd build/make && ./install '
all'" logs/install.log
./install: line 12: /home/unistation/.local/share/sage-8.0/src/bin/sage-env-config: No such file or directory
Error: Failed to read sage-env-config.  Did you run configure?
make: *** [Makefile:18: all] Error 1

My build log in SAGE_ROOT/logs/pkgs is attached

Thanks in advance.

config.log

Maarten Derickx

Oct 28, 2017, 10:48:51 AM10/28/17
to sage-support
What happens if you just do:

./configure

in the sage directory? Note that void linux is not an officially supported platform, so it is not to surprising that there are some problems.