How to make tutorial cells editable and possible to evaluate?

Tobiasz Budzyński

Dec 23, 2017, 7:00:58 PM12/23/17
to sage-support
Hi,
I'm just starting.
My 8.0 sagemath notebook with jupiter on windows with google Chrome works.
But the tutorials that I open in Help pop out in different tab just as a web page. I can push button of activation witch I think evaluates the cells or sth, but its not editable.
I attach scr shoot.
Would be greateful for a response.
Cheers,
Tobiasz Budzyński
budzynski.art

Problem.png

Girard Henri

Dec 24, 2017, 2:41:33 AM12/24/17
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

Are you on old sage notebook sagenb ?

sage must be running sage -n=jupyter

I don't remenber how to run it under windows but I think they are 3 icons and the good one is this command

Dima Pasechnik

Dec 24, 2017, 2:58:04 AM12/24/17
to sage-support
Can you open a new notebook and edit cells there?

Tobiasz Budzyński

Dec 24, 2017, 6:01:20 AM12/24/17
to sage-support

Yes, I can open notebook, and compute there.
I can open tutorial, but it doesn't open in a notebook, just as a web page
http://localhost:8888/kernelspecs/sagemath/doc/tutorial/tour_assignment.html
The activation button in tutorial hides "sage:" script and outputs.
I know some theoretical maths, but know nothing about commands, and programming.
Thank You for response.

Tobiasz Budzyński

Dec 24, 2017, 9:04:07 AM12/24/17
to sage-support
The tutorials are not editable for evaluation. I don't know how to open them in jupyter notebook... : (
I don't know if its old. Rather new. Just installed, have 3 shortcuts - SageMath 8.0, SageMath 8.0 Notebook, SageMath 8.0 Shell. As below. And the situation could be seen on the file attached. I just don't know how. And I googled and searched, and read the beginings tutorials. Hopeless.
Do You possibly know how to?

Vincent Delecroix

Dec 24, 2017, 10:59:20 AM12/24/17
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
In the top right part of the screen there is an "Activate" button that
does the job.