export of sagenb to jupyter not working?

Stan Schymanski

Aug 26, 2016, 12:05:22 PM8/26/16
to sage-support
I upgraded to sage 7.3, hoping that I would be able to convert some of my sagenb worksheets to jupyter, using "sage --notebook=export", however, "sage --notebook=export --list" fails with "No such file or directory". Do I need to provide the path to my sagenb notebook somehow? If I just do "./sage -notebook", it finds and opens my sagenb notebook, so I don't understand why "export --list" returns an error.. Thanks for your help!

Volker Braun

Aug 26, 2016, 1:44:15 PM8/26/16
to sage-support
Do you have worksheets in sagenb? They should be in ~/.sage/sage_notebook.sagenb/

Stan Schymanski

Aug 26, 2016, 4:27:42 PM8/26/16
to sage-support
I have > 400 worksheets in ~/.sage/sage_notebook.sagenb/home/admin.

Volker Braun

Aug 26, 2016, 5:30:55 PM8/26/16
to sage-support
can you upload them somewhere or at least post your error message?

kcrisman

Aug 26, 2016, 6:55:47 PM8/26/16
to sage-support
I think I had some similar problems - you have to do this in the right directory.  Don't remember the exact details but I think within the Sage directory is best?

Stan Schymanski

Sep 6, 2016, 8:34:38 AM9/6/16
to sage-support
Sorry for the late response. I cannot upload all my worksheets, as they are in the 100s. But here is the error message:

~/Programs/sage-upgrade$ ./sage --notebook=export --list
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "~/Programs/sage-upgrade/src/bin/sage-notebook", line 225, in <module>
    launcher
(unknown)

File "~/Programs/sage-upgrade/src/bin/sage-notebook", line 116, in __init__
    os
.execvp(SAGENB_EXPORT, [SAGENB_EXPORT] + argv)

File "~/Programs/sage-upgrade/local/lib/python/os.py", line 346, in execvp
    _execvpe
(file, args)

File "~/Programs/sage-upgrade/local/lib/python/os.py", line 382, in _execvpe
    func
(fullname, *argrest)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Stan Schymanski

Sep 6, 2016, 8:38:31 AM9/6/16
to sage-support
I compiled sage in a subdirectory, ~/Programs/sage-upgrade, while my notebook is in ~/.sage.
I tried executing Programs/sage-upgrade/sage --notebook=export --list from my home directory and /.sage --notebook=export --list from ~/Programs/sage-upgrade, but got the same error. Is there a way to pass the notebook path when calling sage --notebook=export? That would be awesome.

Volker Braun

Sep 6, 2016, 5:32:55 PM9/6/16
to sage-support
I guess something went wrong when compiling Sage?

Can you post your logs/pkgs/sagenb_export-2.0.log

You can try to run "sage -p sagenb_export" to install it by hand

Stan Schymanski

Sep 7, 2016, 8:05:10 AM9/7/16
to sage-support
Indeed, sagenb_export* does not exist in the logs, so it probably hasn't been compiled. Now that you mention this, I remember that I did have some hick-ups during the upgrade, but then forgot about them because sage ran well afterwards. Just installed manually as you suggested and running make again as recommended in the installation messages. Sorry for keeping you busy with this, and thanks for pointing me to this problem!

Cheers
Stan