Error Building Sage

Ben B

Jun 2, 2017, 3:34:13 PM6/2/17
to sage-support
Hello all,

   I have been trying to update my Sage so that I have the latest beta but I have been getting a build error. I am running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4 and was trying to update from Sage 7.6. I attempted to update my Sage by using the following commands:

   git pull trac
   make

Here is the error message that I received:

   Error building Sage.

   The following package(s) may have failed to build (not necessarily
   during this run of 'make all'):

   * documentation: dochtml
     log file: /Users/bbarros/Sage-develop/logs/pkgs/../dochtml.log

   The build directory may contain configuration files and other potentially
   helpful information. WARNING: if you now run 'make' again, the build
   directory will, by default, be deleted. Set the environment variable
   SAGE_KEEP_BUILT_SPKGS to 'yes' to prevent this.

   make: *** [all] Error 1

I have tried to build Sage several times now and it keeps giving me an error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ben Barros

Vincent Delecroix

Jun 2, 2017, 3:38:02 PM6/2/17
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
It is only the documentation that failed to build. You should be able to
use Sage. To fix the documentation you can try

make doc-clean
make doc