Importing extra libraries on SageMathCloud such as qutip

Liam Dalton

Mar 6, 2014, 1:16:12 PM3/6/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering if there is a process for importing libraries that do not seem to be preexisting on the cloud into IPython sessions. In my case, I would like to do the following import:

> from qutip import *

For context about what this library is:
qutip is a library that makes the use of Dirac like notation much easier (i.e. to compute the inner product on <-y| and |+z> just define the quantum objects Smy and Spz and do Smy.dag () * Spz)

William Stein

Mar 6, 2014, 5:10:49 PM3/6/14
to sage-support
See

https://github.com/sagemath/cloud/wiki/FAQ#wiki--question-i-found-an-awesome-python-package-at-httpspypipythonorgpypi-and-i-want-to-use-it

which I just updated slightly when testing it.

Should I make this package available by default to all projects?

> --

William Stein
Professor of Mathematics
University of Washington
http://wstein.org
Screen Shot 2014-03-06 at 2.09.01 PM.png

Manosh Tm

Dec 30, 2017, 5:55:27 AM12/30/17
to sage-support
It will be effective if the Qutip package comes with SAGE.

Manosh T M

slelievre

Dec 30, 2017, 12:55:30 PM12/30/17
to sage-support
Note that QuTiP is available system-wide on CoCalc:

Ger Tielemans

Jan 25, 2018, 11:05:20 AM1/25/18
to sage-support
.. and what about the library PCRaster?
 http://pcraster.geo.uu.nl/

slelievre

Jan 25, 2018, 11:20:45 AM1/25/18
to sage-support

Le samedi 30 décembre 2017 04:55:27 UTC-6, Manosh Tm a écrit :
It will be effective if the Qutip package comes with SAGE.

Manosh T M

Note: in general, avoid replying to a very old message on a mailing list.
Instead, open a new thread (and if you wish, you can include a link to
the old message that you are referencing).

Samuel Lelièvre

Jan 25, 2018, 11:26:26 AM1/25/18
to Sage-support
I opened a ticket to get PCRaster installed on CoCalc:

You can add a comment to give more context and say how this
would be useful to a wide community.

Samuel

Samuel Lelièvre

Jan 25, 2018, 11:28:33 AM1/25/18