error show(with_picture)

HG

Mar 27, 2018, 3:54:09 AM3/27/18
to sage-support
Hi,
I am trying this example : Gráfok - 01 -- Sage
But it's working on his pdf but not in my notebook (sage-8.1)
I guess it's an old function which is not working anymore ?
http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/reference/graphs/sage/graphs/graph_database.html

G = GraphDatabase()
S = GraphQuery(G, display_cols=['graph6','aut_grp_size'],
num_vertices=4)
S.show(with_picture=True)
Any help to get it working ?
Regards
Henri

David Joyner

Mar 27, 2018, 8:19:46 AM3/27/18
to SAGE support
Using the CLI of Sage, I get this:

sage: G = GraphDatabase()
....: S = GraphQuery(G, display_cols=['graph6','aut_grp_size'],num_vertices=4)
....:

sage: S.show()

Graph6 Aut Grp Size
C? 24
C@ 4
CB 2
CF 6
CJ 6
CK 8
CL 2
CN 2
C] 8
C^ 4
C~ 24

sage: S.show?

Signature: S.show(max_field_size=20, with_picture=False)
Docstring:
Displays the results of a query in table format.

INPUT:
* "max_field_size" - width of fields in command prompt version
* "with_picture" - whether or not to display results with a
picture of the graph (available only in the notebook)

Were you using the notebook?

> Regards
> Henri

Henri Girard

Mar 27, 2018, 11:49:22 AM3/27/18
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Yes I always use notebook sage -n=jupyter maybe it's sagenb I am trying

Henri Girard

Mar 27, 2018, 11:56:57 AM3/27/18
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's the problem, I didn't think of that... I often noticed that
sagenb and jupyter notebook have still differences. Is there a way to
get it in jupyter. The presentation in sagenb is really excellent in table.

Thanks

Henri