Installing Python 3 without changing Sage setup

egun...@umn.edu

Jun 16, 2016, 3:46:22 AM6/16/16
to sage-support
Hi, is there a way to install Python 3 in my OS X Yosemite without messing up my Sage setup? I would like to continue using my Sage as before (and not have to rebuild anything), but I would like to be able to work on a Python shell using Python 3 (to do work not related to Sage). Thank you.

Dima Pasechnik

Jun 16, 2016, 6:26:07 AM6/16/16
to sage-support
Installing the official Python 3 from python.org will not change your default Python, it will simply add python3 and
other python3* - related things.
So this it perfectly fine - as long as you are happy to use python3 to run Python 3.

Dima Pasechnik