sage mesh doesn't work in ipynb

HG

May 5, 2016, 2:53:54 AM5/5/16
to sage-support
Hi,
Is there a way to get a nice rainbow mesh on sagemath jupyter notebook ?
Mesh doesn't work on jnb, the following works on sagenb but not in jnb

Best regards,
Henri

x, y = var('x y')
plot3d(sin(pi*(x^2+y^2))/sqrt(x^2+y^2),
       (x,-1.5,1.5),(y,-1.5,1.5),
       mesh=True,color='yellow')

Raymond Rogers

Nov 30, 2016, 3:04:14 PM11/30/16
to sage-support
Actually, I just wanted mesh=True and 3d interaction in jupyter; but colors would nice also.  It's a little disappointing when an "improvement" disables things.

William Stein

Nov 30, 2016, 3:14:41 PM11/30/16
to sage-support
For what it is worth, SageMathCloud sage worksheets work fine for
this. Jupyter notebooks don't. I've attached two screenshots, and
here are links:

https://cloud.sagemath.com/projects/4a5f0542-5873-4eed-a85c-a18c706e8bcd/files/support/2016-11-30-mesh.sagews

https://cloud.sagemath.com/projects/4a5f0542-5873-4eed-a85c-a18c706e8bcd/files/support/2016-11-30-mesh.ipynb

And as usual, SageMathCloud can be used locally (not in the cloud) via Docker:

https://github.com/sagemathinc/smc/blob/master/src/dev/docker/README.md
> --

William (http://wstein.org)
Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 12.12.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 12.12.31 PM.png