"Could not import extension sage_autodoc"

Joseph Hundley

Aug 8, 2016, 12:54:02 PM8/8/16
to sage-support
sage --docbuild <SOMETHING> html
produces many errors that look like this

[tensor   ] Extension error:

[tensor   ] Could not import extension sage_autodoc (exception: cannot import name sage_formatargspec)

Build finished.  The built documents can be found in SAGEROOT/local/share/doc/sage/html/en/reference/tensor

(the only thing I see varying from one to the next is what is the instances of "tensor" in this example.
No actual documentation is built. That is SAGEROOT/local/share/doc/sage/html/en/reference/tensor is empty.

Any idea what's going on?

JH

leif

Aug 9, 2016, 6:35:27 AM8/9/16
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Joseph Hundley wrote:
> sage --docbuild <SOMETHING> html
> produces many errors that look like this
>
> *[tensor ]**Extension error:*
>
> *[tensor ]* Could not import extension sage_autodoc (exception: cannot
> import name sage_formatargspec)
>
> Build finished. The built documents can be found in
> SAGEROOT/local/share/doc/sage/html/en/reference/tensor
>
> (the only thing I see varying from one to the next is what is the
> instances of "tensor" in this example.
> No actual documentation is built. That is
> SAGEROOT/local/share/doc/sage/html/en/reference/tensor is empty.
>
> Any idea what's going on?

You've presumably downgraded your Sage version by checking out some
older, pre-#20545 one.

You have to run 'make' after doing so (or in this case, './sage -b'
might be sufficient, but running 'make' is safer).

-leif