Parallel Process/Engine in Sage.

Hemanth G

Apr 28, 2016, 2:12:16 PM4/28/16
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I have installed Sage 7.01 on Ubuntu 14.04.Is there any provision to invoke parallel process/engine on sage 7.01 like the way we invoke parallel process/engine on IPython.

Could any one give me the thread/E mail communication/help in view of parallel process in sage.
Thank you.

With Best Regards/ Mit Besten Grüßen / Sincères Salutations
Hemanth Gaekwad

​​

Harald Schilly

Apr 29, 2016, 4:36:39 AM4/29/16
to sage-support

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 8:12:16 PM UTC+2, HEMS wrote:
...like the way we invoke parallel process/engine on IPython.

I haven't tried myself, but have you tried using ipython's engine for sagemath? Ipython is in sagemath and you can install additional packages via "sage -pip ...". SageMath is a python lib, so it should work. What could make it problematic is, that some aspects of sagemath do their own forking which might interfere, but maybe that's not an issue for you.

-- h

Hemanth G

Apr 29, 2016, 7:14:20 AM4/29/16
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr.Schilly,
Thank you for the E mail message.The major problem faced here in view multi engine is where to key in the ipcluster command,
whether on separate terminal / on the same sage terminal with '!' prefix or on separate sage terminal with '!' prefix?

Further insight to the problem faced here is that the sage doesn't recognize the engines invoked even though IPython.kernel
command works on sage terminal and you can not stop the engines from sage that are invoked through other terminal.There
is no connectivity between the engines invoked and the sage terminal.How do you connect the engines and sage?

Please let me know if there is any method to resolve this issue.Thank you.

With Best Regards/ Mit Besten Grüßen / Sincères Salutations
Hemanth Gaekwad

Harald Schilly

Apr 29, 2016, 7:48:12 AM4/29/16
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Sorry, I am not able to follow your question. I don't have that much
experience with an ipython cluster, but at least your comment "that
the sage doesn't recognize the engines invoked" leads me to believe,
that you try to run this from within SageMath. What I meant is, that
you write a python program and use SageMath as a library. I am pretty
sure, that would require to do some additional setup, such that every
part works.

Can you run arbitrary python programs on that setup you have using ipcluster?

-- h
> Google Groups "sage-support" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/sage-support/9Smfz6T9KV4/unsubscribe.

Hemanth G

Apr 29, 2016, 10:12:49 AM4/29/16
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr.Schilly,
I am not an expert programmer in Python so as to develop my own libraries.
In view of your question,you can run any python program using ipcluster.This
is nothing but parallel computing toolbox of IPython.For Eg: You have a program
to run for 100 values, you can split them in four different process so as to save
time and at the end you can club all the result together.

With Best Regards/ Mit Besten Grüßen / Sincères Salutations
Hemanth Gaekwad

Harald Schilly

Apr 29, 2016, 10:21:44 AM4/29/16
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Hemanth G <ghe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In view of your question,you can run any python program using ipcluster.

Yes, exactly. The point I wanted to make is, that from such a Python
program, you can call SageMath as a library, i.e. "sage.all_cmdline
import *". The tricky part might be to setup the ipcluster in such a
way, that the correct python executable is used and the python path is
allowing the workers to properly import SageMath as a library.

-- harald