Is "profile_sage" still the right place to put user configurations for IPython?

Kwankyu

Jun 25, 2015, 10:50:50 PM6/25/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

To enable extra readline commands for Sage 6.7, I put some codes into

.sage/ipython-3.1.0/profile_sage/ipython_config.py

But it does not work. If I move the file "ipython_config.py" into ".../profile_default/", then it works fine.

It seems Sage does not recognize "profile_sage". Is it the same with you or is it just me?

Kwankyu

Jun 26, 2015, 3:09:24 AM6/26/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I did some experiments and looked into Sage source codes. It seems Sage loads only "profile_default" even though I can create "profile_sage". Moreover there is no mechanism to set which IPython profile to load when Sage starts.

Now I wonder what is official IPython profile for Sage. Is it "profile_default" or "profile_sage"?