localhost:8000

here...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2018, 10:34:33 AM3/8/18
to sage-support
I am trying to access sagemath through my web browser on windows but it is not working.
Here are the steps I used:
1) Install VMWare workstation 14 (this is what my company uses)
2) download sagemath-8.1.ova and import to vmware.
3) forward port and ip to 8000 port on host.
4) boot sagemath

Dima Pasechnik

Mar 8, 2018, 10:45:16 AM3/8/18
to sage-support
shouldn't 3) be done after 4), not before?

slelievre

Mar 11, 2018, 10:22:59 AM3/11/18
to sage-support
Thu 2018-03-08 15:34:33 UTC:
If the version of Windows you are using is 64-bit, you might
be interested in the SageMath installer for Windows, as an
alternative to using a virtual machine. This integrates more
seamlessly with Windows, no need to forward ports.

You can get the latest version from