sage-ipython crashes

vincent...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2017, 2:34:16 PM6/14/17
to sage-support

Hello,

I installed sage 7.6  with yaourt, it crashes.  I try to solve it by understanding joint crash report.

Here are some additional info, I get:

$ sage-ipython
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/bin/sage-ipython", line 7, in <module>
    from sage.repl.interpreter import SageTerminalApp
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/repl/interpreter.py", line 112, in <module>
    from sage.env import SAGE_LOCAL
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/env.py", line 151, in <module>
    SINGULAR_SO = SAGE_LOCAL+"/lib/libSingular."+extension
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'st
zsh: exit 1     sage -sh

$sage -sh
Note: SAGE_ROOT=/usr
(sage-sh) vherbert@kira:~$ echo $SAGE_LOCAL
/usr

$which -a sage
/bin/sage
/usr/bin/sage
/usr/sbin/sage
/sbin/sage

Have you some suggestions? Thanks.

Regards,
Vincent
Sage_crash_report.txt

Dima Pasechnik

Jun 14, 2017, 2:51:01 PM6/14/17
to sage-support
you need to install gfortran.
(as is clear from last lines of the crash report)

I imagine that the package manager of arch linux would know about this dependence,but apparently it is not the case.

Antonio Rojas

Jun 14, 2017, 5:30:20 PM6/14/17
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

> Have you some suggestions? Thanks.

Install the official lapack/blas packages from the repositories or rebuild
whatever unofficial version you're using.

vincent...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2017, 11:11:50 AM6/15/17
to sage-support
Thank you, I installed gfortran with yaourt -S gcc-fortran but this does not solve the problem. I uploaded the new crash report.
Sage_crash_report.txt
Message has been deleted

vincent...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2017, 11:18:14 AM6/15/17
to sage-support, aro...@archlinux.org

I tried to install lapack and blas from extra but they were in conflict with atlas-lapack-base. In order, to install them and remove atlas-lapack-base, I had to remove python2-igraph. After this, I succeed to install lapack and blas. Unfortunately, this does not solve my problem.
Sage_crash_report.txt

vincent...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2017, 11:31:48 AM6/15/17
to sage-support, aro...@archlinux.org
After reading last crash report, I saw a problem with sage-maxima.lisp.

I seached a solution and found this thread https://ask.sagemath.org/question/9119/sagecython-compile-embedded-cython-with-sage-import/

Then, I just put export SAGE_LOCAL="/usr" in ~/.zshrc and sage works fine.

Thank you for again for you help. You're awesome!

Antonio Rojas

Jun 15, 2017, 1:22:01 PM6/15/17
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
El Thu, 15 Jun 2017 08:31:48 -0700, vincent.herbert escribió:

> After reading last crash report, I saw a problem with sage-maxima.lisp.
>
> I seached a solution and found this thread
> https://ask.sagemath.org/question/9119/sagecython-compile-embedded-
cython-with-sage-import/

> Then, I just put export SAGE_LOCAL="/usr" in ~/.zshrc and sage works
> fine.

That shouldn't be necessary. Why are you running sage-ipython? You are not
supposed to call that script directly, the command to run sage is "sage".
That will set up all necessary env variables and call sage-ipython as
needed.