Sage Notebook Doesn't startup

jt_...@hotmail.com

Jan 13, 2018, 11:32:27 PM1/13/18
to sage-support
Hi, I just recently got Sage 8.1 for my Mechanics class. While everybody else seemed to load the program up just fine, when I clicked on the Sage Notebook icon, it loaded the little black box screen, but then instead of loading the correct thing, it just disappears. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the same thing happened.

I am really excited to use Sage and I hope this can be fixed. Thanks for all the help!

Henri Girard

Jan 14, 2018, 7:04:51 AM1/14/18
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

Windows or linux ?

Le 14/01/2018 à 04:30, jt_...@hotmail.com a écrit :
Hi, I just recently got Sage 8.1 for my Mechanics class. While everybody else seemed to load the program up just fine, when I clicked on the Sage Notebook icon, it loaded the little black box screen, but then instead of loading the correct thing, it just disappears. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the same thing happened.

I am really excited to use Sage and I hope this can be fixed. Thanks for all the help!

Henri Girard

Jan 14, 2018, 7:06:29 AM1/14/18
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

windows or linux ?

what you call the little black box is it the shell ?

Start in a console sage -n=jupyter

Le 14/01/2018 à 04:30, jt_...@hotmail.com a écrit :
Hi, I just recently got Sage 8.1 for my Mechanics class. While everybody else seemed to load the program up just fine, when I clicked on the Sage Notebook icon, it loaded the little black box screen, but then instead of loading the correct thing, it just disappears. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the same thing happened.

I am really excited to use Sage and I hope this can be fixed. Thanks for all the help!

jt_...@hotmail.com

Jan 14, 2018, 10:43:09 AM1/14/18
to sage-support
Windows 10. Sorry

I think it is the shell. It says at the top like "type tutorial() or help ()" and when it loads it will run like two lines of something, one is green, and then it crashes. It never loads the jupyter thingy that it's supposed to load.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

jt_...@hotmail.com

Jan 15, 2018, 1:11:45 AM1/15/18
to sage-support
I have since found out that I can run this program in safe mode with networking, but not when I boot normally. Disabled firewall doesn't fix it, and neither does disabling all startup programs.
Message has been deleted

jt_...@hotmail.com

Jan 15, 2018, 1:23:41 AM1/15/18
to sage-support
I had to video these and then screenshot them out of the video, but here is the error code. It flashed for just a split second before disappearing.

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 10:32:27 PM UTC-6, jt_...@hotmail.com wrote:
IMG-7586.PNG

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 15, 2018, 4:35:16 AM1/15/18
to sage-support
We might want to know more details: what version of Windows 10?
What is the machine it is running on? (details like CPU type might be important)
Any special kind of anti-virus software you are running (try turning it all off and run Sage again)

jt_...@hotmail.com

Jan 15, 2018, 11:48:40 AM1/15/18
to sage-support
Windows 10 version 10.0.16299, (the most recent one)
I'm on a Dell Latitude E5570; Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
The only antivirus stuff I have is Windows Defender. I havent even installed MBAM for antimalware on this PC.