Sage Crash Report

kats...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2017, 9:15:01 PM8/15/17
to sage-support
Sage Crash Report
Sage_crash_report.txt

John H Palmieri

Aug 15, 2017, 10:47:53 PM8/15/17
to sage-support
One of the very last lines of the report says

ImportError: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You need to install gfortran on your computer.

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 6:15:01 PM UTC-7, kats...@gmail.com wrote:
Sage Crash Report

William Stein

Aug 16, 2017, 12:49:35 AM8/16/17
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 7:47 PM John H Palmieri <jhpalm...@gmail.com> wrote:
One of the very last lines of the report says

ImportError: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You need to install gfortran on your computer.

We should really build binaries that don't require fortran to be installed, or put in an error before Python even starts importing.

I personally hit or saw the above crash report dozens of times recently, due to installing Sage binaries in various fairly minimal Docker containers.

william

--
-- William Stein

John H Palmieri

slelievre

Aug 30, 2017, 10:29:42 AM8/30/17
to sage-support
On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 9:49:35 PM UTC-7, William wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 7:47 PM John H Palmieri wrote:
>
>> One of the very last lines of the report says
>>
>>> ImportError: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>> You need to install gfortran on your computer.
>
> We should really build binaries that don't require fortran to be installed,
> or put in an error before Python even starts importing.
>
> I personally hit or saw the above crash report dozens of times recently,
> due to installing Sage binaries in various fairly minimal Docker containers.
> william

I opened Sage trac ticket #23753 to track this issue.

Назар Зибилюк

Sep 1, 2017, 5:32:17 PM9/1/17
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Sage_crash_report.txt

Dima Pasechnik

Sep 1, 2017, 8:10:09 PM9/1/17
to sage-support

On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 10:32:17 PM UTC+1, Назар Зибилюк wrote:

at the bottom of the log one sees

ImportError: No module named psutil

Also, it appears to be Sage 7.6 on Fedora 26.

First,  try

sudo dnf install python2-psutil

--- I'm not sure whether Sage uses system's Python2, or a
special version of Python2...

If this does not help, then

sudo sage --pip install psutil

ought to do the job.

HTH
Dima

yan liang

Sep 11, 2017, 10:42:26 AM9/11/17
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I Download the correct file on my Ubuntu 16.04.and run the ./sage

Then it crasah

The log is follwed.Need help

Sage_crash_report.txt