how can i install SAGE on my HardDisk as my Second OS?

Mohammad Badie Zadegan

Jul 2, 2016, 4:40:07 AM7/2/16
to sage-support
Hi every body,
I want to install SAGE on my HDD and use it as my second OS.
I install debian-installer and debian-installer-launcher but still it errored me!
Is that anyway to install it?
Regards.

Dima Pasechnik

Jul 2, 2016, 7:13:20 AM7/2/16
to sage-support

On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 9:40:07 AM UTC+1, Mohammad Badie Zadegan wrote:
Hi every body,
I want to install SAGE on my HDD and use it as my second OS.

Sage is not an OS (Operating System). It has to be installed on  a (virtual or real) machine
that runs one of supported OSes, i.e. either a recent version of Linux (which normally would come in a distribution like Ubuntu, or Debian, or Centos, or...) or a recent version of OSX.

Mohammad Badie Zadegan

Jul 2, 2016, 7:43:40 AM7/2/16
to sage-support
Exquse me,
I want to install SAGE Live distro (http://mirror.yandex.ru/mirrors/sage.math.washington.edu/livecd/2016-03-23-sage_7.1-debian_jessie-live_4.0.3-1.img) on my HDD.
How can do that?
Thanks.

Dima Pasechnik

Jul 2, 2016, 9:06:19 AM7/2/16
to sage-support

On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 12:43:40 PM UTC+1, Mohammad Badie Zadegan wrote:

You need to make your 2nd HDD boot-able (this is BIOS setting, about booting order)
and make sure to copy the .img file to your HDD in a way that will make it into a bootable Linux drive.
Doing the latter on Windows is a dark art that I don't master (but internet knows).

Usually a recommended way would be to create a bootable CD with (say) knoppix,
boot into it, and prepare your media using it. See e.g.
(I suppose adjusting these instructions for HDDs should be trivial)

HTH,
Dima