Re: Python 3 and the sage notebook

kcrisman

May 26, 2015, 2:53:20 PM5/26/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com, sage-n...@googlegroups.com

In the interest of reducing the work required for supporting Python 3, unless there is some champion out there who wants to do the hard work making sagenb work with Python 3, the sage notebook will not be joining the rest of sage with Python 3.

That would be really bad for backward incompatibility unless you mean "Sage will support Python 2 and 3, but the notebook will only run under 3".  Even the likely-appearing SMC "personal edition" is really not the same.

So, with that said, is there anyone interested in porting (and maintaining) sagenb to python 3?

I mean, how many Python 2-isms can there be in sagenb?   (Other than formatting, which we've already been trying to encourage people to switch over - I don't know that there are a lot of print statements.  Presumably there are other things.)