Re: Sage Notebook for input forms

kcrisman

Dec 20, 2014, 10:06:15 PM12/20/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com, sage-n...@googlegroups.com, Andrey Novoseltsev

I would like to create different calculations where the "normal user" only sees input fields for the variables to define and a calculate button.

After clicking on it, the result values as well as some visualizations should be shown. The whole code should be hidden.

Are there any “best practices” on using the sage notebook for creating input forms that will be calculated and that the results are displayed, without showing the sage-code?

(e.g. creating the code in a separate worksheet and creating a "view" Version of the calculation).

Hi again,

I think that for this purpose I would personally use the Sage cell server http://sagecell.sagemath.org/ (documentation at http://sagecell.sagemath.org/static/about.html ) inside of ordinary web pages.  This is a proven and flexible technology, which is pretty easy to use; I'm cc:ing the current maintainer, who may have some thoughts on how to run your own Sage cell server if need be.

- kcrisman

Andrey Novoseltsev

Dec 23, 2014, 5:52:02 PM12/23/14
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com, sage-s...@googlegroups.com, novo...@gmail.com

Well, I certainly would appreciate any feedback on
https://github.com/sagemath/sagecell/blob/master/contrib/vm/README.md
There are still no promised templates for configuring proxies, but I've tried my best to make setting up new SageCell servers easy. I am running 3 setups on slightly different machines using these instructions.

Thank you,
Andrey