minor: 'evaluate'-button disappears for an interactive cell

Jakob Kroeker

Jan 30, 2015, 1:15:01 PM1/30/15
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

a minor issue (using recent sage and recent firefox):

the evaluate button disappears after clicking it
for a cell with interactive content:

@interact
def test_interactive(

):
p = line([(3,-3),(-5,5)],color="gray")
show(p,xmin=-1,xmax=1,ymin=-1,ymax=1)
return

When activating a different cell and clicking back to the cell above,
the 'evaluate'-button appears again.

Is this by intention or is it a minor bug?

Jakob

kcrisman

Jan 30, 2015, 1:24:18 PM1/30/15
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com

When activating a different cell and clicking back to the cell above,
the 'evaluate'-button appears again.

Is this by intention or is it a minor bug?

*Any* cell does this when you evaluate it.  Type

mean([1,2,3])

into a cell and evaluate it; the 'evaluate' button disappears.  Once the focus is off a cell, it moves to the next one.  I believe there have been requests to have an option to keep the focus on the cell in question.

The problem is all the obvious combos for this behavior are taken, I think.  But it would be fairly easy to implement, if someone took the time.

- kcrisman

Jakob Kroeker

Jan 30, 2015, 1:45:10 PM1/30/15
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com
@kcrisman
oops, my report is   incomplete (again, will I ever learn it ?), sorry:

once evaluated the interactive cell,
the evaluate   does  even not show up when clicking on that cell again and  *modifying* the
cell with the interactive content. So the cell gets the focus back, but the 'evaluate'-button is still not there,
unless switching to a different cell and going back

Jakob

kcrisman

Feb 2, 2015, 10:23:27 AM2/2/15
to sage-n...@googlegroups.com

That is interesting.  You are right, of course; but try using the *arrow* to go back to the interact cell and you will see that the button does show up.  I've reported this at https://github.com/sagemath/sagenb/issues/339