createspace royalties to Sage Foundation

David Joyner

Sep 11, 2014, 8:59:34 AM9/11/14
to sage-ma...@googlegroups.com, David Joyner
Hi:

I'm not sure if this is the correct email list for this item, but royalties
from the Sage books on createspace can no longer be directly
donated to charity. Here is a reply from their support staff in
response to me asking them why the old royalties are no longer
going through.

"Hello David,

Thanks for contacting us. I will be happy to assist you with
information regarding your inquiry.

I apologize for the incorrect information. I have checked with the
relevant team and did some research for you and I see that we do not
recommend that you enter a different banking detail than the ones in
your tax information. You may accept the royalties and then give it to
the charitable trust.

I apologize that we do not have any direct means of transferring the
royalties to a charitable trust as of now. I have taken this as a
feedback and have passed it on. This will be considered for our future
improvements.

I hope this helps. Thanks for using CreateSpace."

If there are no objections, I plan to reduce the price of the Sage-related
createspace books to the minimum, so basically they are as cheap as
possible, with no royalties going to anyone.

Sorry about all this!

- David

David Joyner

Sep 12, 2014, 5:58:42 AM9/12/14
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM, David Joyner <wdjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm not sure if this is the correct email list for this item, but royalties
> from the Sage books on createspace can no longer be directly
> donated to charity. Here is a reply from their support staff in
> response to me asking them why the old royalties are no longer
> going through.

It seems this is not true, since I just got another (the 5th one now,
I think) email from Createspace support:

"I am writing to you to inform you regarding an other updated
information. As it turns out, you can now enter the banking
information or check address and name of the charitable trust, whom
you would want to send the royalties to. However, you will need to
makes sure that the Tax information on file in the account must be
that of the charitable trust as the payment and tax information are
closely related.

I apologize for the multiple mails and I understand that this
confuses you a lot, however I had to let you know regarding this as we
at CreateSpace want our customers to be satisfied."

I'll try to figure out how to fill out the forms now by emailing the
UW donation support staff.