Download statistics, and other estimations of users

Miguel Angel Marco

Oct 25, 2014, 2:53:08 PM10/25/14
to sage-ma...@googlegroups.com
I am preparing a talk about sage in the spanish edition of PyCon next month. I would like to include some numbers abot the amount of Sage users. Are there any statistics of the number of downloads of the last versions of Sage? Or any other data that might be used to estimate the number of users?

William Stein

Oct 25, 2014, 3:08:54 PM10/25/14
to sage-ma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

See attached for recent google analytics "number of active users" for
day, week, 2-week, month for the sagemath.org website.

In theory "active users" is defined here:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2992042?hl=en-GB

-- William
> --
> --
> ---
> "sage-marketing" group.
> email to sage-marketin...@googlegroups.com.

William Stein
Professor of Mathematics
University of Washington
http://wstein.org
Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 12.05.42 PM.png

William Stein

Oct 25, 2014, 3:10:31 PM10/25/14
to sage-ma...@googlegroups.com
Here's the same chart for SageMathCloud
Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 12.08.36 PM.png