Alert to a number theory book (apparently) using Sage

kcrisman

Dec 18, 2015, 11:24:53 AM12/18/15
to sage-edu, tvaz...@truman.edu, dga...@truman.edu
Of interest to this list might be the following book.  Not a free or open-source one, unfortunately!  But apparently having SageMath exercises is getting more popular.

https://www.crcpress.com/Introduction-to-Number-Theory-2nd-Edition/Vazzana-Garth/9781498717496
"Provides calculations for computational experimentation using SageMath, a free open-source mathematics software system, as well as Mathematica® and Maple™, online via a robust, author-maintained website"

I've cc:ed the authors in case they haven't interacted much with the Sage community before and would like to join the sage-edu list.  Also, I couldn't find the "robust" website, perhaps it's a CRC login website.

kcrisman

Dec 19, 2015, 1:16:57 PM12/19/15
to sage-edu, tvaz...@truman.edu, dga...@truman.edu

William Stein

Dec 19, 2015, 2:47:04 PM12/19/15
to sage-edu, tvaz...@truman.edu, dga...@truman.edu, Andy Huchala
Here's what one of his Sage worksheets look like when shared publicly
from SAgeMathCloud:

https://cloud.sagemath.com/projects/4a5f0542-5873-4eed-a85c-a18c706e8bcd/files/support/2015-12-19-number-theory-book/Chapter%2016%20-%20Large%20Primes.sagews
> --

William (http://wstein.org)

William Stein

Dec 19, 2015, 6:11:38 PM12/19/15
to sage-edu, tvaz...@truman.edu, dga...@truman.edu, Andy Huchala
Hi,

Andy Huchala put all the book's sagews's into public worksheets, which
are browse-able here:

https://cloud.sagemath.com/projects/557de3a8-0f32-4961-87e3-f4280df02f2f/files/Number_Theory/

William
--