circular_planar the graphs package

Ken Levasseur

Apr 10, 2013, 3:27:43 PM4/10/13
to sage...@googlegroups.com
I have a question about the circular_planar function in the graphs package.  The first line of the documentation says:

Tests whether the graph is circular planar (outerplanar)

My understanding of the outer planar property is that, for example, graphs.CircularLadderGraph(6) would not be outer planar, but it is circular planar.  Can anyone clarify this for me?

Ken Levasseur
UMass Lowell

Nathann Cohen

Apr 11, 2013, 5:50:40 AM4/11/13
to sage...@googlegroups.com
Helloooooooooooooo !!!

I have a question about the circular_planar function in the graphs package.  The first line of the documentation says:

Tests whether the graph is circular planar (outerplanar)

My understanding of the outer planar property is that, for example, graphs.CircularLadderGraph(6) would not be outer planar, but it is circular planar.  Can anyone clarify this for me?

You are right, the problem comes from Sage : the documentation of that method is not very clear, and in this case the result is not the one you would expect. The code is good, but there is no way for you to guess what it does from the doc. I will fix that today and kee this thread updated !

Nathann

Nathann Cohen

Apr 11, 2013, 1:04:17 PM4/11/13
to SAGE edu
There is now a patch for that available at

It is waiting for a review :-)

Nathann