arclength issue?

Jorge Garcia

Nov 20, 2015, 12:48:50 PM11/20/15
to sage-edu
Hello everyone,

Why does the last line of this SAGE script crash?
We entered the same steps in a TI-84, a TI-89 and a TI-nSpire and got approximately 805.296 feet.
BTW, we were modeling a roller coaster ride and finding how far the roller coaster travels along one period where x is measured in feet..

TIA,
A. Jorge Garcia

David Joyner

Nov 20, 2015, 2:17:44 PM11/20/15
to SAGE edu
On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 12:48 PM, 'Jorge Garcia' via sage-edu
<sage...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Why does the last line of this SAGE script crash?
> ArcLength Question from AP Calculus BC class today!
> We entered the same steps in a TI-84, a TI-89 and a TI-nSpire and got
> approximately 805.296 feet.
> BTW, we were modeling a roller coaster ride and finding how far the roller
> coaster travels along one period where x is measured in feet..

show(numerical_integral(h(x),0,200*pi))
works
http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/reference/calculus/sage/gsl/integration.html

calcpage