"500 internal server error" messages when converting Jupyter notebooks to PDF on SMC

Robert

Mar 7, 2016, 9:37:28 AM3/7/16
to sage-edu
My students are using (the free accounts on) SageMath Cloud this semester and we've had repeated instances of getting a "500 internal server error" when trying to download a Jupyter notebook as PDF (File > Download As > PDF via LaTeX). I've tried to replicate this issue but I cannot isolate what might be causing it if it's on the student's end. Some students never see this; some students get it every single time regardless. I was just wondering if anyone has an insight as to what could cause this error so we know where to look. Is it a SMC issue, something with nbconvert, something that could be within the students' notebooks that triggers the error, etc.?

William Stein

Mar 7, 2016, 10:25:11 AM3/7/16
to sage...@googlegroups.com
Email he...@sagemath.com with a link to a jupyter notebook am that has this problem.

On Monday, March 7, 2016, Robert <robert....@gmail.com> wrote:
My students are using (the free accounts on) SageMath Cloud this semester and we've had repeated instances of getting a "500 internal server error" when trying to download a Jupyter notebook as PDF (File > Download As > PDF via LaTeX). I've tried to replicate this issue but I cannot isolate what might be causing it if it's on the student's end. Some students never see this; some students get it every single time regardless. I was just wondering if anyone has an insight as to what could cause this error so we know where to look. Is it a SMC issue, something with nbconvert, something that could be within the students' notebooks that triggers the error, etc.?

Sent from my massive iPhone 6 plus.