SageMath in Russia

Nickolai Yatskin

Feb 18, 2017, 6:32:12 AM2/18/17
to sage-edu

kcrisman

Feb 18, 2017, 7:19:07 AM2/18/17
to sage-edu, Dima Pasechnik

On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 6:32:12 AM UTC-5, Nickolai Yatskin wrote:

SageMath in Russia (Ivanovo State University)

Get to know, please, the information about some Sage-publications for Russian university students.

Очень интересно!  We do not have enough Russian-language resources - see http://www.sagemath.org/ru/ and http://doc.sagemath.org/html/ru/tutorial/index.html for the current state.  It looks a little hard to access more than the title page of these resources but assuming they are reasonably accurate it would be very nice to add links to these to the pages.  You can add a pull request at https://github.com/sagemath/website for this.  Thank you for your information!

Nickolai Yatskin

Feb 18, 2017, 10:54:46 AM2/18/17
to sage-edu, dim...@gmail.com

I hope that (in the case of interest), you can request free access to the first three publications: Ivanovo State University, Science Library, l...@ivanovo.ac.ru .

1. Alexander Kuvaev. The Sage computer algebra system: installation and programming elements. Ivanovo: Ivanovo State University, 2013. 35 p. (In Russian)

2. Nickolai Yatskin. Algebraic computations in the Sage system. Ivanovo: Ivanovo State University, 2014. 47 p. (In Russian) {Linear algebra, polynomial rings, finite fields, groups.}

3. Nickolai Yatskin. Z[i] and other rings (computations using Sage). Ivanovo: Ivanovo State University, 2015. 88 p. (In Russian) [electronic resource] {Algorithms in algebraic number fields and rings.}

Exclusive rights to the fourth book belong to the publisher "University Book" ("Vuzovskaya kniga", Moscow, http://www.vuzkniga.ru/).

4. Nickolai Yatskin. Computer algebra. Laboratory practicum using Sage. Moscow: "Vuzovskaya kniga", 2016. 94 p. (In Russian) {Laboratory works: the Euclid algorithm in polynomial and Gaussian integer rings; the factorization algorithms for Gaussian integers and polynomials over integers; finite fields and the Berlekamp algorithm.

kcrisman

Feb 20, 2017, 10:42:48 AM2/20/17
to sage-edu
Hmm, that makes it sound like we couldn't necessarily post links to them.  I've opened https://github.com/sagemath/publications/issues/67 at least.

Nickolai Yatskin

Feb 21, 2017, 12:27:56 AM2/21/17
to sage-edu

Administrative restrictions on access to the tutorials seem to be absolutely unreasonable. Nevertheless, I think it possible to share my publications (2nd and 3d). (Alas, only in Russian.)

Can you advise whether it is necessary, and if so, how?

Unfortunately, the author does not have the final electronic version of the 4th book.

dimpase

Feb 21, 2017, 4:13:12 AM2/21/17
to sage-edu

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 5:27:56 AM UTC, Nickolai Yatskin wrote:

Administrative restrictions on access to the tutorials seem to be absolutely unreasonable. Nevertheless, I think it possible to share my publications (2nd and 3d). (Alas, only in Russian.)

Can you advise whether it is necessary, and if so, how?

the easiest would be to upload them to arxiv.org
(in case you need someone to approve your submissions---e.g. if you never submitted anything
to arxiv.org---please post here a request to approve...)

that is, assuming you have versions you can use for this purpose...

Unfortunately, the author does not have the final electronic version of the 4th book.

a reasonably good draft would work, too.

I suppose we should also check that these references are not already in http://www.sagemath.org/library.html
and add them there.

Do you have ISBN (or ISSN) numbers for them?

Nickolai Yatskin

Feb 21, 2017, 12:04:21 PM2/21/17
to sage-edu

1. ISBN information

(2) "Algebraic computations in the Sage system" has no ISBN being the internal university edition.

(3) "Z[i] and other rings" – ISBN 978-5-7807-1113-5.

(4) "Computer algebra. Laboratory practicum using Sage" – ISBN 978-5-9502-0796-9.

2. Unfortunately, Arxiv is not a very appropriate choice for the materials in Russian.

3. I believe that we should mention one more, an earlier edition in Russian. We refer to it in our tutorials:

http://math.kubsu.ru/Sage_Golubkov.pdf

A. Yu. Golubkov, A. I. Zobnin, O. V. Sokolova. Computer algebra in the Sage system. Moscow:

Bauman Moscow State Technical University Publishing, 2013. 79 p.

Kirill Vankov

Feb 24, 2017, 7:43:02 AM2/24/17
to sage-edu, dim...@gmail.com
There is also an effort to write SAGE documentation in Russian here: http://wikisage.ru, unfortunately, it does not look like this site is actively growing...