Fwd: sagenb still nice days...

kcrisman

Feb 2, 2016, 12:03:42 PM2/2/16
to sage...@googlegroups.com
This could be relevant to any Polish-speakers on the list, or just people who like nice worksheets.

On Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 3:57:10 AM UTC-5, HG wrote:
Hi,
It's not really a question, but I didn't know where I could send it as it is about sagenb and jupyter.
https://sage2.icse.us.edu.pl/home/pub/687/
I don't know polish but this work it's so excellent it can be used for tutorials. Babelfish translates quiet well, enaugh to read text and for maths depends on everybody's knowledge.
Enjoy

slelievre

Feb 4, 2016, 9:20:22 AM2/4/16
to sage-edu

2016-02-02 17:03:42 Z, kcrisman:

For more resources in Polish, including a bunch of sagenb worksheets:

https://wiki.sagemath.org/po-polsku

Henri Girard

Mar 6, 2016, 4:31:50 AM3/6/16
to sage-edu

Hi,
I would be more generalist,  i guess you are anglo-saxon mother language, I found this sites because I was looking for  RLC circuit in sage and as I am french I don't mind the language is written in. Many sage documents on the web, specially on english are out of date or broken (the excellent tutorial ODE with laplace function doesn't work) link, polluating internet... It becoming really dramatic with advert and so on ... At least on others languages I find very good examples !
Even most french high level sage write in english (except one good sagebook which is in french fortunatly), I am not complaining just I fear that my message on polish link wasn't understood as I wanted too...
I studied french english german and spanish, even if I make mistakes I am able to understand quite well (well, I suppose so ?)
Just to say : Not only for polish but for people who wants to see other tutorial than 1+1 etc...
Kind regards
Henri

kcrisman

Mar 8, 2016, 10:04:23 AM3/8/16
to sage-edu

Hi,
I would be more generalist,  i guess you are anglo-saxon mother language, I found this sites because I was looking for  RLC circuit in sage and as I am french I don't mind the language is written in. Many sage documents on the web, specially on english are out of date or broken (the excellent tutorial ODE with laplace function doesn't work) link, polluating internet... It becoming really dramatic with advert and so on ... At least on others languages I find very good examples !
Even most french high level sage write in english (except one good sagebook which is in french fortunatly), I am not complaining just I fear that my message on polish link wasn't understood as I wanted too...

Sure, sorry about that!  Yes, many of us have benefited greatly from Sage resources in various languages.

William Stein

Mar 8, 2016, 10:32:01 AM3/8/16
to sage-edu
On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 1:31 AM, Henri Girard <henri....@gmail.com> wrote:
> web, specially on english are out of date or broken (the excellent tutorial
> ODE with laplace function doesn't work) link, polluating internet... It
> becoming really dramatic with advert and so on ...

I'm sorry, but what exactly are you talking about here? Are you
saying that many English documents about SageMath are covered in ads?
Is somebody copying all our content, adding ads, and google directs
people there? I wasn't aware of this -- I use an ad blocker, so I
wouldn't see it myself, but nobody has ever told me about it either.

-- William

--
William (http://wstein.org)

Henri Girard

Mar 8, 2016, 12:05:25 PM3/8/16
to sage-edu
Dear William,
Don't worry it's not about any copy... I send some weeks ago, a link of interesting tutorial in polish... I think, the two email on the list as answers, didn't understand me, because my english is maybe not really understanding ?
I found those examples quite interesting specially in electronic and physics examples, that's why I just signaled them. Often the examples we find on the web are for beginners, learning commands... And finding unusual examples was interesting.
I guess anglo-saxon mother language people don't notice how difficult it is for foreigners to translate documents, maybe that's why most software are used by instructed people, it's a pity because they are a lot of other people who could be accessing these documents that's why I try to translate and keep disponible open source and free documents.
Sorry if I express myself badly I hope you understand better ?
Best regards

Henri

William Stein

Mar 8, 2016, 12:10:04 PM3/8/16
to sage-edu
On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 9:05 AM, Henri Girard <henri....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear William,
> Don't worry it's not about any copy... I send some weeks ago, a link of
> interesting tutorial in polish... I think, the two email on the list as
> answers, didn't understand me, because my english is maybe not really
> understanding ?
> I found those examples quite interesting specially in electronic and physics
> examples, that's why I just signaled them. Often the examples we find on the
> web are for beginners, learning commands... And finding unusual examples was
> interesting.
> I guess anglo-saxon mother language people don't notice how difficult it is
> for foreigners to translate documents, maybe that's why most software are
> used by instructed people, it's a pity because they are a lot of other
> people who could be accessing these documents that's why I try to translate
> and keep disponible open source and free documents.
> Sorry if I express myself badly I hope you understand better ?

Yes. In any case, huge +1 to you translating anything and everything!

William (http://wstein.org)