Re: [sage-edu] Digest for sage-edu@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 1 topic

Carl Eberhart

Jul 22, 2014, 4:01:57 PM7/22/14
to sage...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful!  The chapter 6 zipfile will be helpful to many people.

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 8:41 AM, <sage...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/sage-edu/topics

    gregory....@gmail.com Jul 21 07:59PM -0700

    Dear friends,

    I have sent my book "Sage for Undergraduates" to the American Mathematical
    Society today.

    Writing this has been a very long journey, and many people on this list
    have helped me toward this destination.

    The AMS has graciously permitted me to make available a PDF file of the
    book on my webpage:

    www.gregorybard.com

    (just click on "Sage Stuff")

    I hope you will find the book useful.
    ---Greg

    p.s. There will still be one more copy-editor's pass before it gets
    physically printed. Therefore, if you find any typos, please do not
    hesitate to point them out to me (ba...@uwstout.edu)... typos can still be
    corrected!

    p.p.s. Please forgive the double posting.

    Mike Meredith <asianbr...@gmail.com> Jul 21 10:07PM -0500

    Link is broken. No files black and white or color.

    --
    Mike Meredith

    “For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and
    believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the
    last day."

    Dima Pasechnik <dim...@gmail.com> Jul 22 09:20AM

    > Link is broken. No files black and white or color.

    works for me (you need to unzip the files though.)
    By the way, I don't see why this zip is needed; the saving of space is
    pretty minimal:

    $ ls -l *.zip
    -rw-r--r--@ 1 dima staff 2751932 Jul 22 10:17
    sage_for_undergraduates_bw.pdf.zip