Sage Days 88: Opening Workshop for a Year of Coding Sprints at the IMA

Gregg M

Mar 28, 2017, 4:52:43 PM3/28/17
to sage-edu
Dear all,

A year-long program at the IMA is being organized by Benjamin Brubaker and myself, beginning with an opening workshop August 21 - 25, 2017.

Additionally, we have funding to host coding sprints during the 2017-18 academic year.  The first application deadline is June 1, 2017 but we will have future deadlines as well. The goal of this year-long program is to continue expanding the developer base of SageMath in all directions.  In addition, the IMA seeks to build connections between mathematics and industry, so please feel free to advertise this to students, colleagues, including alumni in industry or in national labs.

More information is available here: https://wiki.sagemath.org/days88 and here: https://ima.umn.edu/2017-2018.2

Best,
Gregg

slelievre

Apr 8, 2017, 10:42:27 AM4/8/17
to sage-edu

Tue 2017-03-28 22:52:43 UTC+2, Gregg M:
Note: in this announcement, "the IMA" stands for

    the Institute for mathematics and its applications,
    part of the University of Minnesota,