MPIR 2.7.0 released

Bill Hart

Jun 26, 2015, 5:56:14 AM6/26/15
to mpir-devel, flint-devel, sage-...@googlegroups.com, han...@mathematik.uni-kl.de, Motsak Oleksandr, Claus Fieker
Hi all,

It is with pleasure that we release the final version of MPIR-2.7.0 after a rather long alpha and short beta process.

It can be obtained from our website: http://mpir.org/

The main improvements in this release are:

* faster divide-and-conquer division using new algorithm of W. Hart

* merge many speedups for number theoretic functions from GMP project
  (factorial, multi-factorial, primorial, n-choose-k, jacobi symbols)

* fft versions of mpn_mulmod_bnm1/p1 to speed up GMP-ECM

* switch to using the much cleaner gcd/gcdext implementation from GMP

* Cygwin64 support

* MSYS2 support

* Clang support

* Many build fixes (special thanks to the Sage project, especially JP Flori)

Important note: mpz_{set,get}_{ux,sx} are now only available if stdint.h is included before gmp/mpir.h or gmp/mpirxx.h.

The main contributors to this release were: Brian Gladman, William Hart and Jean-Pierre Flori, plus members of the GMP team via the official GNU project.

We wish to thank all our contributors, including those who contributed bug reports/patches and code for this release.

Note: some people have reported issues accessing the pdf documentation on mpir.org. This appears to not be related to the server, but to browsers on Windows, especially in the presence of certain antivirus projects. Try a different browser, if you have trouble.

The MPIR Team.

P.S: The MPIR team is currently looking for someone to be paid full time for a year, starting March 2016, to work on MPIR assembly optimisation at the University of Kaiserslautern. Please contact either Dr. William Hart at the University of Kaiserslautern or the mpir-devel Google Groups mailing list if you wish to express interest in this position.

Jean-Pierre Flori

Jun 26, 2015, 7:02:31 AM6/26/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com, han...@mathematik.uni-kl.de, mpir-...@googlegroups.com, fie...@mathematik.uni-kl.de, flint...@googlegroups.com, mot...@gmail.com
Trac ticket for updating at http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/18790#ticket.