Development suggestion

David Cousens

Dec 6, 2017, 11:14:51 PM12/6/17
to sage-devel
Hi

Has anyone considered making the menu section of the sage Web interface non scrolling and only making the worksheet cell part of the interface scrollable.
I find myself often scrolling back through a large page to reach the menu and then having to scroll back to where I was in the worksheet.

David.

William Stein

Dec 6, 2017, 11:34:06 PM12/6/17
to sage-devel
On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 7:09 PM, David Cousens <davidco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone considered making the menu section of the sage Web interface non
> scrolling and only making the worksheet cell part of the interface
> scrollable.

What is " the sage Web interface"?

> I find myself often scrolling back through a large page to reach the menu
> and then having to scroll back to where I was in the worksheet.
>

> David.
>
> --

William (http://wstein.org)

kcrisman

Dec 7, 2017, 11:16:18 PM12/7/17
to sage-devel

On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 11:34:06 PM UTC-5, William wrote:
On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 7:09 PM, David Cousens <davidco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone considered making the menu section of the sage Web interface non
> scrolling and only making the worksheet cell part of the interface
> scrollable.

Great idea, but a) sagenb interface, while working fine, has a fairly moribund development b) the CoCalc .sagews files do have this ability c) Jupyter apparently has this as well, at least on CoCalc.

What is " the sage Web interface"?

I assume the poster is referring to the legacy Sage notebook server.

> I find myself often scrolling back through a large page to reach the menu
> and then having to scroll back to where I was in the worksheet.

Me too.

Samuel Lelievre

Dec 8, 2017, 6:37:14 AM12/8/17
to sage-devel
David, this is a great suggestion. I opened a ticket for that:

As others noted though, the legacy SageNB notebook is no longer
actively developed but rather in maintenance mode, and focus has
moved to the Jupyter notebook which one could say is emerging as
a universal standard for computational notebooks.