Did trac server change its rsa keys?

mmarco

Jul 19, 2016, 9:47:26 AM7/19/16
to sage-devel
Trying to `git trac push` I get the following error message. Is it expected or someone is trying to MITM me?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mmarco/git-trac-command/bin/git-trac", line 18, in <module>
    cmdline.launch()
  File "/home/mmarco/git-trac-command/git_trac/cmdline.py", line 223, in launch
    app.push(ticket_number, remote=args.remote, force=args.force)
  File "/home/mmarco/git-trac-command/git_trac/app.py", line 216, in push
    self.repo.push(remote, force)
  File "/home/mmarco/git-trac-command/git_trac/git_repository.py", line 197, in push
    self.git.echo.push('trac', refspec)
  File "/home/mmarco/git-trac-command/git_trac/git_interface.py", line 341, in meth
    return self.execute(git_cmd, *args, **kwds)
  File "/home/mmarco/git-trac-command/git_trac/git_interface.py", line 98, in execute
    popen_stderr=subprocess.PIPE)
  File "/home/mmarco/git-trac-command/git_trac/git_interface.py", line 263, in _run
    raise GitError(result)
git_trac.git_error.GitError: git returned with non-zero exit code (128) when executing "git push trac HEAD:refs/heads/u/mmarco/implement_zariski_vankampen_method_to_compute_fundamental_groups_of_complements_of_plane_curves_"
    STDERR: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    STDERR: @       WARNING: POSSIBLE DNS SPOOFING DETECTED!          @
    STDERR: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    STDERR: The RSA host key for trac.sagemath.org has changed,
    STDERR: and the key for the corresponding IP address 104.197.143.230
    STDERR: is unknown. This could either mean that
    STDERR: DNS SPOOFING is happening or the IP address for the host
    STDERR: and its host key have changed at the same time.
    STDERR: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    STDERR: @    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
    STDERR: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    STDERR: IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
    STDERR: Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
    STDERR: It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.
    STDERR: The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
    STDERR: SHA256:EKc2ZL+lJTCACVtZODKxeCJDuIecTw6r1kJXw9qN/Sg.
    STDERR: Please contact your system administrator.
    STDERR: Add correct host key in /home/mmarco/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
    STDERR: Offending RSA key in /home/mmarco/.ssh/known_hosts:2
    STDERR: RSA host key for trac.sagemath.org has changed and you have requested strict checking.
    STDERR: Host key verification failed.
    STDERR: fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
    STDERR:
    STDERR: Please make sure you have the correct access rights
    STDERR: and the repository exists.

John Cremona

Jul 19, 2016, 9:50:16 AM7/19/16
to SAGE devel
Surely this means exactly what it says, since the IP address of trac
really has changed.

John

Volker Braun

Jul 19, 2016, 6:11:11 PM7/19/16
to sage-devel
The key changed with the recent reinstall