Using Eclipse as an IDE to edit / run Sage scripts

Maxie Schmidt

Apr 17, 2017, 9:12:57 PM4/17/17
to sage-devel
Hello all.

I'm interested in using Eclipse as an IDE around editing Sage files for Windows users who aren't experienced with a command line environment like ipython or the Sage shell. My interest in this is as part of a teaching and mentoring experience for mathematically-oriented users learning Python for the first time. I'm having some trouble motivating them to use Sage more frequently on Windows.

I have found this link (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-support/YouA5r68wxc), but it still seems incomplete. Does anyone know of a good reference for using Sage from within Eclipse, or otherwise have any interest in this topic if I can put something together to get this all working? Any other suggestions or links to tips for getting these motivated users up and running with Sage besides the assignments I have prepared for them at https://github.com/maxieds/WXMLTilingsHOWTO/wiki would also be useful to me if you have them.

Thanks.

Maxie