sage -docbuild fails ? O_o

Nathann Cohen

Feb 8, 2016, 7:31:57 AM2/8/16
to Sage devel
Hello everybody,

I installed a fresh Sage on a new computer, and I get a weird message
when trying to build the doc:

~$ sage -docbuild reference/graphs html
/home/ncohen/.Sage/local/bin/python: No module named interrupt;
'sage_setup.docbuild' is a package and cannot be directly executed

It is particularly weird when 'make doc-html' works fine (though takes
much longer).

This happens with the directory in the state of the latest develop branch.

Nathann

Jeroen Demeyer

Feb 8, 2016, 7:35:25 AM2/8/16
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 2016-02-08 13:31, Nathann Cohen wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I installed a fresh Sage on a new computer, and I get a weird message
> when trying to build the doc:
>
> ~$ sage -docbuild reference/graphs html
> /home/ncohen/.Sage/local/bin/python: No module named interrupt;
> 'sage_setup.docbuild' is a package and cannot be directly executed
>
> It is particularly weird when 'make doc-html' works fine (though takes
> much longer).

Did you run "make" before running "./sage --docbuild..."?

Nathann Cohen

Feb 8, 2016, 7:41:00 AM2/8/16
to Sage devel
> Did you run "make" before running "./sage --docbuild..."?

I thought that I had, and running 'make' did not produce any
significant output, but it indeed solved my problem. Sorry for the
noise and thanks for the help O_o

Nathann

Nathann Cohen

Feb 10, 2016, 9:54:39 AM2/10/16
to sage-devel
Since that happened, and without checking any other version of Sage than the latest beta, I encountered the problem several times.

Running 'make' seems to 'fix the state' and then the -docbuild command works again, for a while.

I have not been able to pinpoint what exactly made it fail again.

Nathann