Minkowski's question mark function and Conway's box function

Samuel Lelievre

Dec 7, 2019, 3:53:38 PM12/7/19
to sage-devel
Dear sage-devel,

Pierre Arnoux asked me whether Sage provides Minkowski's
question mark function and Conway's box function.

Not finding any existing implementation or related discussion,
I cooked up two functions, and opened a ticket:

- Provide Minkowski's question mark function and Conway's box function

I used the "number theory" component -- that could be
changed if another component is more appropriate.

What would be a good location for these functions?

Kind regards,
Samuel Lelièvre

Pierre Arnoux

Dec 7, 2019, 4:22:33 PM12/7/19
to sage-devel
They should be placed as close as possible to the continued fraction functions; all persons using the Minkowski question mark function also want to use continued fraction.