Trac Authentication error

jhonrubia6

Jun 25, 2016, 7:07:01 AM6/25/16
to sage-devel
After the move of the trac server I get authentication errors when using git trac commands. For example, after

git trac config

I get

Trac xmlrpc URL:

    http://trac.sagemath.org/xmlrpc (anonymous)

    http://trac.sagemath.org/login/xmlrpc (authenticated)

    realm sage.math.washington.edu

Username:**********

Password:*********

Retrieving SSH keys...

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/Users/J_Honrubia/Sage/git-trac-command/bin/git-trac", line 18, in <module>

    cmdline.launch()

  File "/Users/J_Honrubia/Sage/git-trac-command/git_trac/cmdline.py", line 252, in launch

    app.print_config()

  File "/Users/J_Honrubia/Sage/git-trac-command/git_trac/app.py", line 349, in print_config

    for key in self.trac.get_ssh_fingerprints():

  File "/Users/J_Honrubia/Sage/git-trac-command/git_trac/trac_server.py", line 88, in get_ssh_fingerprints

    for key in self.get_ssh_keys():

  File "/Users/J_Honrubia/Sage/git-trac-command/git_trac/trac_server.py", line 79, in get_ssh_keys

    return self.authenticated_proxy.sshkeys.getkeys()

  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1240, in __call__

    return self.__send(self.__name, args)

  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1599, in __request

    verbose=self.__verbose

  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1280, in request

    return self.single_request(host, handler, request_body, verbose)

  File "/Users/J_Honrubia/Sage/git-trac-command/git_trac/digest_transport_py2.py", line 134, in single_request

    raise TracAuthenticationError()

git_trac.trac_error.TracAuthenticationError: Authentication with trac server failed.

(obviously user and pass has been edited)
Do I have to reinstall the git-trac command to make it work or I have to tweak my rsa files?

Dima Pasechnik

Jun 25, 2016, 7:13:50 AM6/25/16
to sage-devel
Please install the latest update of git-trac.
Note e.g. that " realm sage.math.washington.edu" is certainly incorrect in your log.

Volker Braun

Jun 25, 2016, 8:29:32 AM6/25/16
to sage-devel

jhonrubia6

Jun 25, 2016, 11:02:29 AM6/25/16
to sage-devel
Please install the latest update of git-trac.
Note e.g. that " realm sage.math.washington.edu" is certainly incorrect in your log.
I have done that
 but I still get the realm sage.math.washington.edu when executing
git trac config

I have modified both files (build/pkgs/git_trac/checksums.ini and build/pkgs/git_trac/package-version.txt) but still get the same authentication error. Do I have to rebuild?

Dima Pasechnik

Jun 25, 2016, 5:41:24 PM6/25/16
to sage-devel
Do you have ssh keys uploaded on the trac?
This is something that git trac will not do for you, according to http://github.com/sagemath/git-trac-command/raw/master/doc/git-cheat-sheet.pdf

Volker Braun

Jun 25, 2016, 6:31:39 PM6/25/16
to sage-devel
The realm is correct.

Are you sure that you are executing the right git-trac script? Use /path/to/git-trac config to be sure you aren't using an old version in your PATH

jhonrubia6

Jun 26, 2016, 6:12:30 AM6/26/16
to sage-devel
Volker, I checked that, same error. I also tested the authentication with

OnoSendaiII:sage J_Honrubia$ ssh git@trac.sagemath.org info

hello jhonrubia6, this is git@trac running gitolite3 3.5.3.1-2 (Debian) on git 1.9.1

 R W    sage

So the authentication seems ok. There must be something with my trac config...

Volker Braun

Jun 26, 2016, 11:15:57 AM6/26/16
to sage-devel
Then your password is just incorrect. Try it at https://trac.sagemath.org/login/xmlrpc

Erik Bray

Jun 27, 2016, 3:43:03 AM6/27/16
to sage-devel

On Jun 25, 2016 13:13, "Dima Pasechnik" <dim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please install the latest update of git-trac.
> Note e.g. that " realm sage.math.washington.edu" is certainly incorrect in your log.

This realm is correct. It was the original URL of the Trac site and the password file had been carried over from it for years. The realm is used as part of the hash I think so it has to be kept the same.

It would be good to change this. That will require everyone to reset their passwords but that's fine anyways (especially considering how long the Trac site was allowing authentication over HTTP)

Dima Pasechnik

Jun 27, 2016, 6:17:05 AM6/27/16
to sage-devel

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 8:43:03 AM UTC+1, Erik Bray wrote:

On Jun 25, 2016 13:13, "Dima Pasechnik" <dim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please install the latest update of git-trac.
> Note e.g. that " realm sage.math.washington.edu" is certainly incorrect in your log.

This realm is correct. It was the original URL of the Trac site and the password file had been carried over from it for years. The realm is used as part of the hash I think so it has to be kept the same.

It would be good to change this. That will require everyone to reset their passwords but that's fine anyways (especially considering how long the Trac site was allowing authentication over HTTP)

Would it be possible to get some kind of passwords resetting via email (something that never worked for Sage's trac or wiki, AFAIK)?