Certificate of completion for Groebner Basis

David Brandfonbrener

Dec 8, 2017, 5:20:31 PM12/8/17
to sage-devel
When the Groebner basis is 1, is there a way to find the coefficients for a linear combination of my original generators of the ideal that is equal to 1?

I want to be able to provably see which polynomials in my set of generators combine to 1.

Dima Pasechnik

Dec 8, 2017, 5:55:55 PM12/8/17
to sage-devel

On Friday, December 8, 2017 at 10:20:31 PM UTC, David Brandfonbrener wrote:
When the Groebner basis is 1, is there a way to find the coefficients for a linear combination of my original generators of the ideal that is equal to 1?

I want to be able to provably see which polynomials in my set of generators combine to 1.

David Brandfonbrener

Dec 10, 2017, 2:47:53 PM12/10/17
to sage-devel
Thanks! My bad for missing that in the documentation.