Sage and Java

Nathann Cohen

Oct 5, 2015, 6:11:23 AM10/5/15
to Sage devel
Hello everybody,

In the recent thread about Sage's future, some people voiced their
opinion that what Sage does best is "ask other softwares" when it does
not know the answer. And surely Sage wouldn't be half of what it is
without the dozens of dedicated libraries it calls at each run.

I wondered how we could make it easyer for "anyone" to plug their own
code into Sage. Right now it is 'not so hard' for compiled libraries
[1] but what about Java codes? Is there anything we could do to help
with that? Are there tricks to interface Java and Sage easily?

After all, if we are so incompetent that we cannot write code as good
as everybody else's, at least we should take seriously our job of
making it easy for them to link their own :-)

Nathann

[1] http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/thematic_tutorials/cython_interface.html#cython-interface

Vincent Delecroix

Oct 5, 2015, 6:56:56 AM10/5/15