Windows release

Erik Bray

Aug 11, 2017, 4:28:59 AM8/11/17
to sage-devel
Earlier this week I finally had an opportunity to build a Windows
release for Sage 8.0 (which would have preferably been done before the
release announcement of 8.0 but things didn't work out
timing/communication-wise).

I uploaded the release binary to GitHub at:
https://github.com/sagemath/sage-windows/releases

Now the question is, how would I go about getting all the information
on sagemath.org updated, and ensuring that Windows builds are included
as part of the standard release process? It would be nice to promote
this as the preferred way to run Sage on Windows, since for an average
user it should be the least hassle by far. More advanced users might
still prefer other methods, which is fine too.

Thanks,
rik

Dima Pasechnik

Aug 11, 2017, 5:03:02 AM8/11/17
to sage-devel
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 9:28:59 AM UTC+1, Erik Bray wrote:
Earlier this week I finally had an opportunity to build a Windows
release for Sage 8.0 (which would have preferably been done before the
release announcement of 8.0 but things didn't work out
timing/communication-wise).

I uploaded the release binary to GitHub at:
https://github.com/sagemath/sage-windows/releases

Now the question is, how would I go about getting all the information
on sagemath.org updated,

Website updates are handled via https://github.com/sagemath/website

aishen

Aug 11, 2017, 6:32:56 AM8/11/17
to sage-devel
Thanks you very much for this release I was waiting for it to see how sage 8 behaves on windows and linux
Best
Henri