A new-style package that we cannot host?

Nathann Cohen

Jun 29, 2015, 7:04:33 AM6/29/15
to Sage devel, Volker Braun, Matthias Koeppe, Dima Pasechnik
Hello everybody,

The ticket at #10829 adds a new-style package, but claims that we are
not allowed to redistribute upstream's files (*).

Are the install sripts able to handle that (nothing in upstream/)?

Nathann

(*) Weird license, plus they want to have the names of whoever downloads it

Volker Braun

Jun 29, 2015, 7:08:32 AM6/29/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com, dim...@gmail.com, vbrau...@gmail.com, matthia...@gmail.com
If they don't want their code to be in Sage then they can keep it.

Dima Pasechnik

Jun 29, 2015, 7:11:42 AM6/29/15
to Nathann Cohen, Sage devel, Volker Braun, Matthias Koeppe
On 29 June 2015 at 12:04, Nathann Cohen <nathan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> The ticket at #10829 adds a new-style package, but claims that we are
> not allowed to redistribute upstream's files (*).

it is #10879

Jeroen Demeyer

Jun 29, 2015, 7:19:34 AM6/29/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 2015-06-29 13:04, Nathann Cohen wrote:
> Are the install sripts able to handle that (nothing in upstream/)?
I think manually downloading to upstream/ should work.