Trac notifications again

leif

Jul 25, 2016, 12:35:05 PM7/25/16
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
It seems I'm again not getting any trac notifications since about 20:00
UTC yesterday (July 24th).

(And no, I didn't change my preferences...)

-leif

Vincent Delecroix

Jul 25, 2016, 12:36:41 PM7/25/16
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
I confirm that I did not get any notification since yesterday night...

Vincent

John H Palmieri

Jul 25, 2016, 12:36:44 PM7/25/16
to sage-devel
Neither is the sage-trac Google group.

William Stein

Jul 25, 2016, 1:02:48 PM7/25/16
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
The SageMath admin mailing list for several emails from sendgrid about us being about to go over quota last week, but they were ignored (by us)...

Sent from my massive iPhone 6 plus.

Dima Pasechnik

Jul 25, 2016, 2:44:29 PM7/25/16
to sage-devel
Yes indeed, we are over the sendgrid quota; I think tomorrow we will get another month of 12K free emails.

Dima

William Stein

Jul 25, 2016, 2:45:42 PM7/25/16
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
I should add - I will upgrade to a paid plan if somebody tells me the credentials....

leif

Jul 25, 2016, 3:25:41 PM7/25/16
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Dima Pasechnik wrote:
> Yes indeed, we are over the sendgrid quota; I think tomorrow we will get
> another month of 12K free emails.

But the 12KB/month will presumably get eaten up quickly already by the
queued mails... ;-)

Perhaps another good reason to address #19832 [1].

-leif

[1] https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/19832

Dima Pasechnik

Dima Pasechnik

Jul 26, 2016, 5:21:25 AM7/26/16
to sage-devel, sagemath-admins
William did update our sendgrid settings to 40,000 mails per month, which  should be more than enough; although we should see how it goes in busier times.

Dima

leif

Jul 27, 2016, 5:35:29 PM7/27/16
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Orthogonal to that, but also annoying is that we do no longer get
notifications when a ticket gets closed.

Is this a bug or a feature?

-leif

Andrey Novoseltsev

Aug 11, 2016, 5:35:17 PM8/11/16
to sage-devel
On Wednesday, 27 July 2016 15:35:29 UTC-6, leif wrote:
Orthogonal to that, but also annoying is that we do no longer get
notifications when a ticket gets closed.

Is this a bug or a feature?

-leif

Ping? I definitely like getting notifications that a ticket is closed, hopefully it can e enabled again.

Erik Bray

Aug 12, 2016, 4:35:23 AM8/12/16
to sage-devel
I'm not sure what the issue is here--I get notifications when tickets
are closed. Does anyone else?

You might need to play around with your notification settings on
https://trac.sagemath.org/prefs/notification

Are you an admin on the site? I wonder if somehow people without the
TRAC_ADMIN permission aren't getting ticket closed notifications. I
don't know why that would be the case but it's the only possible
difference other than personal notification settings that I can think
of at this time.

Best,
Erik

Jeroen Demeyer

Aug 12, 2016, 5:03:58 AM8/12/16
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 2016-08-12 10:35, Erik Bray wrote:
> I'm not sure what the issue is here--I get notifications when tickets
> are closed. Does anyone else?

I do not get such notifications (at least I did not get one when #21139
was closed) and I do have admin access on Trac. I do not have custom
notification settings, I just use the default.

Andrey Novoseltsev

Aug 12, 2016, 2:23:36 PM8/12/16
to sage-devel
On Friday, 12 August 2016 02:35:23 UTC-6, Erik Bray wrote:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:35 PM, Andrey Novoseltsev <novo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 July 2016 15:35:29 UTC-6, leif wrote:
>>
>> Orthogonal to that, but also annoying is that we do no longer get
>> notifications when a ticket gets closed.
>>
>> Is this a bug or a feature?
>>

>> -leif
>>

> Ping? I definitely like getting notifications that a ticket is closed,
> hopefully it can e enabled again.

I'm not sure what the issue is here--I get notifications when tickets
are closed.  Does anyone else?

You might need to play around with your notification settings on
https://trac.sagemath.org/prefs/notification

I didn't even know that these settings exist and I never felt a need to adjust them - when there is a change on a ticket I am involved with, I'd like to get an email. My problem ticket was #19430  - I noticed that it is merged by reading 7.4.beta0 release note. I'm a regular user on trac.

leif

Aug 12, 2016, 3:27:39 PM8/12/16
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Andrey Novoseltsev wrote:
> On Friday, 12 August 2016 02:35:23 UTC-6, Erik Bray wrote:
>
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:35 PM, Andrey Novoseltsev
> <novo...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 27 July 2016 15:35:29 UTC-6, leif wrote:
> >>
> >> Orthogonal to that, but also annoying is that we do no longer get
> >> notifications when a ticket gets closed.
> >>
> >> Is this a bug or a feature?
> >>

> >> -leif
> >>

> > Ping? I definitely like getting notifications that a ticket is
> closed,
> > hopefully it can e enabled again.
>
> I'm not sure what the issue is here--I get notifications when tickets
> are closed. Does anyone else?
>
> You might need to play around with your notification settings on
> https://trac.sagemath.org/prefs/notification
> <https://trac.sagemath.org/prefs/notification>
>

> I didn't even know that these settings exist and I never felt a need to
> adjust them - when there is a change on a ticket I am involved with, I'd
> like to get an email. My problem ticket was #19430 - I noticed that it
> is merged by reading 7.4.beta0 release note. I'm a regular user on trac.

The opposite here.

I'm aware of the preferences (which currently do not offer much anyway),
and as Jeroen, left the defaults.

So I expected to /not/ get notifications when tickets I'm cc'ed to /
involved in get merged.

Only after reading the logs for 7.3 and 7.4.beta0 (and also by still
getting a specific doctest error in both) I realized that already for a
while positively reviewed tickets had *not* get merged...

-leif

P.S.: At least one time I didn't get a "normal" notification at all,
and since perhaps a week or more, occasionally individual notifications
arrive quite a bit later, i.e., after those for other, later updates on
the same(!) ticket.

Paul Masson

Aug 12, 2016, 3:33:07 PM8/12/16
to sage-devel
Erik, I receive closure notices and I'm not an admin. I also configured my preferences to receive everything but my own changes.

Dima Pasechnik

Aug 12, 2016, 5:55:09 PM8/12/16
to sage-devel
I don't know, either sendgrid is not such a great thing, and we need a different way to send mails, or we should
avoid sending that many mails, and instead (mostly) rely on something like RSS feeds (see https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracRss)
for ticket updates...

Note that on github one basically can use their notifications system to avoid emails.

Dima

Volker Braun

Aug 12, 2016, 6:02:51 PM8/12/16
to sage-devel
On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 9:27:39 PM UTC+2, leif wrote:
Only after reading the logs for 7.3 and 7.4.beta0 (and also by still
getting a specific doctest error in both) I realized that already for a
while positively reviewed tickets had *not* get merged...

Which ticket?

William Stein

Aug 12, 2016, 6:29:05 PM8/12/16
to sage-devel
On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Dima Pasechnik <dim...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know, either sendgrid is not such a great thing, and we need a different way to send mails, or we should
avoid sending that many mails,

Trac sent 9K messages of our 40K quota during the last month.

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 5:35:05 PM UTC+1, leif wrote:
It seems I'm again not getting any trac notifications since about 20:00
UTC yesterday (July 24th).

(And no, I didn't change my preferences...)

-leif

Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 3.26.50 PM.png

leif

Aug 12, 2016, 6:44:10 PM8/12/16
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/21119

(one-line patch fixing noise)

(In contrast to some typo-fixing tickets, branch applied clean also
after develop had been upgraded to 7.4.beta0.)

-leif