pre-built buildbot docker images?

William Stein

Sep 22, 2016, 4:51:15 PM9/22/16
to sage-devel
Hi,

Is there a Sage buildbot docker image, e.g, something so "any idiot" can just go

   docker run blah blah sagemath-buildbot-ubuntu

or

   docker run blah blah sagemath-buildbot-centos

and have a build bot running... and when they want to clean up, just delete the docker container?

 -- William

Erik Bray

Sep 23, 2016, 7:09:12 AM9/23/16
to sage-devel
On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:50 PM, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a Sage buildbot docker image, e.g, something so "any idiot" can
> just go
>
> docker run blah blah sagemath-buildbot-ubuntu
>
> or
>
> docker run blah blah sagemath-buildbot-centos
>
> and have a build bot running... and when they want to clean up, just delete
> the docker container?

Not yet that I know of. One thing I've had in mind to do for some
time is cobble together a template Dockerfile from the ones I already
have, so that it will be easier to build sage docker containers on top
of different base images (see
https://github.com/sagemath/docker-images/issues/12)

On top of these one could add build-bot images that have the base sage
images plus buildbot configured. This is definitely what we should do
for future build infrastructure...

Right now I'm more focused on getting a Windows buildbot going (which
will be impossible until and unless I fix the Cygwin build, which I
had 100% working until I merged in
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/17635 :)