Amazon SageMaker

117 lượt xem
Chuyển tới thư đầu tiên chưa đọc

Volker Braun

chưa đọc,
08:30:28 30 thg 11, 201730/11/17
đến sage-devel
AWS just launched a hosted Jupyter notebook with ML stuff attached... afaik it doesn't come with SageMath preinstalled, though ;-)

William Stein

chưa đọc,
15:30:38 30 thg 11, 201730/11/17
đến sage-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 5:30 AM Volker Braun <vbrau...@gmail.com> wrote:
AWS just launched a hosted Jupyter notebook with ML stuff attached... afaik it doesn't come with SageMath preinstalled, though ;-)

Chris, who wrote  https://github.com/abelfunctions/abelfunctions, which is a big package for Sage, is one of the people who works at Amazon on SageMaker, so maybe there is hope.

 -- William

--
-- William Stein

Samuel Lelievre

chưa đọc,
16:42:44 1 thg 12, 20171/12/17
đến sage-devel

Thu 2017-11-30 13:30:28 UTC, Volker Braun:

> AWS just launched a hosted Jupyter notebook with ML stuff attached...
> afaik it doesn't come with SageMath preinstalled, though ;-)

Amazon SageMaker:

The name "SageMaker" seems to be a tribute to Sage...
I think they should say so and link to sagemath.org!

On a related note, Google recently soft-launched a reworked version
of their Colaboratory for using Jupyter notebooks in Google Docs.

See this tweet by Jake VanderPlas:

William Stein

chưa đọc,
17:50:16 1 thg 12, 20171/12/17
đến sage-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 1:42 PM Samuel Lelievre <samuel....@gmail.com> wrote:

Thu 2017-11-30 13:30:28 UTC, Volker Braun:

> AWS just launched a hosted Jupyter notebook with ML stuff attached...
> afaik it doesn't come with SageMath preinstalled, though ;-)

Amazon SageMaker:

The name "SageMaker" seems to be a tribute to Sage...

Do you have any evidence at all of this?

I think they should say so and link to sagemath.org!

On a related note, Google recently soft-launched a reworked version
of their Colaboratory for using Jupyter notebooks in Google Docs.

See this tweet by Jake VanderPlas:

-- William Stein

Samuel Lelièvre

chưa đọc,
18:03:11 1 thg 12, 20171/12/17
đến Sage-devel

> On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 1:42 PM Samuel Lelievre <samuel....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Amazon SageMaker:
>>     https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/
>>
>> The name "SageMaker" seems to be a tribute to Sage...
>> I think they should say so and link to sagemath.org!
>
> Do you have any evidence at all of this?

No, it's pure speculation. I should have written instead:

    Could the name SageMaker be a tribute to Sage?
    If so, they should say so and link to sagemath.org!

Websearching a bit, there seems to have been a company
called SageMaker before SageMath was started, but it's not
clear either if it has anything to do with Amazon's new product.

    As of March 29, 2001, Sagemaker Inc. was acquired by Enivid, Inc.
    Sagemaker is a provider of Enterprise Information Portal (EIP)
    solutions for large corporations servicing the knowledge management
    needs of financial services companies, insurers, oil & gas providers
    and power generation companies. The company's primary product is SageWave,
    an Internet-based enterprise information portal software application
    that allows search and access functions to periodicals and real-time
    news feeds, as well as a company's internal content and systems.

Trả lời tất cả
Trả lời tác giả
Chuyển tiếp
0 tin nhắn mới