how to unsubscribe from Trac ticket updates

Robert Dodier

Feb 20, 2015, 4:46:15 PM2/20/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have been getting email updates for a ticket that I commented
on a long time ago and I was wondering if I can unsubscribe from the
updates. I gather that if one is named in the Cc: list on the ticket,
one can unsubscribe, but I am not so named. I don't see any other way
on the ticket itself, neither under "Modify Ticket" nor anywhere else.
I didn't find anything about this in the Trac user documentation, and
I didn't get a solution in the trac-users Google group. The emails
themselves don't have instructions for unsubscribing, neither in the
body nor in "X-unsubscribe-or-something" headers.

I could, I guess, remove my email address from my Trac user preferences
but that seems too heavy-handed, as I would still like to receive
updates for other tickets. Does anyone have an idea I can try?

Thanks for your help,

Robert Dodier

PS. The ticket in question is: http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/7660

Ralf Stephan

Feb 21, 2015, 1:04:30 AM2/21/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, February 20, 2015 at 10:46:15 PM UTC+1, Robert Dodier wrote:
Hi, I have been getting email updates for a ticket that I commented
on a long time ago and I was wondering if I can unsubscribe from the
updates.

I know at least one way: review the ticket! The author is usually responsive
and quick with fixes.

Regards,

kcrisman

Feb 21, 2015, 4:42:31 PM2/21/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have been getting email updates for a ticket that I commented
on a long time ago and I was wondering if I can unsubscribe from the
updates.

I know at least one way: review the ticket! The author is usually responsive
and quick with fixes.

:)

But more seriously, I don't know if there is an easy way to do this, and it would be useful at times.

Volker Braun

Feb 21, 2015, 5:31:49 PM2/21/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com

Robert Dodier

Feb 23, 2015, 1:56:27 PM2/23/15
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 2015-02-21, Volker Braun <vbrau...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/9971

Thanks, it's comforting to hear it's a known problem.
See also the discussion at: https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/16763

Apparently a key configuration variable, given the current notification
system, is always_notify_updater; when it's turned off, notifications
are sent only to the cc list, I gather.

best

Robert Dodier