disk space

William Stein

Apr 20, 2016, 9:09:23 PM4/20/16
to sage-devel
Hi,

How much disk space is it supposed to take to download and build Sage
from source these days...?

William

--
William (http://wstein.org)

Jeroen Demeyer

Apr 21, 2016, 1:55:13 AM4/21/16
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 2016-04-21 03:08, William Stein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How much disk space is it supposed to take to download and build Sage
> from source these days...?

It happens that I just did a make distclean; make

My whole $SAGE_ROOT is 7.3GB but that includes the git repo (258MB) and
the upstream files (903MB) (since make distclean does not delete those,
some of these upstream files are probably outdated).

So I would say that 7GB is a good ballpark figure for the size of a
complete installation.

Eric Gourgoulhon

Apr 21, 2016, 4:46:12 AM4/21/16
to sage-devel
Hi,

Building Sage 7.2.beta4 from source after a fresh git clone results in a sage root directory of 5.9 GB on Ubuntu 15.10.

Best regards,

Eric.