annoying full recompilation in python3 experimental build

Frédéric Chapoton

Feb 14, 2018, 5:46:06 AM2/14/18
to sage-devel
Dear all,

Using the branch

one can see that we are now only two steps away from having sage start with python3. One of them should be a follow-up to ticket https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/23823. The other is an unicode-related issue in clearing the cache for lazy import.

But it is very annoying to work with it, because after a simple change in any single file, "./sage -br" seems to trigger the recompilation of all 474 pyx files.

So let me ask for help (again) to fix that very painful behaviour, please.

Frederic

Jeroen Demeyer

Feb 15, 2018, 4:54:10 AM2/15/18
to sage-...@googlegroups.com
On 2018-02-14 11:46, Frédéric Chapoton wrote:
> But it is *very annoying* to work with it, because after a simple change
> in any single file, "./sage -br" seems to *trigger the recompilation of
> all 474 pyx files.*

I can't reproduce this on vanilla 8.2.beta5 with Python 3. So either
it's a specific problem on your system or some ticket on top of
8.2.beta5 broke that.

And please post the ouput of "./sage -b" such that we have at least a
chance of debugging it.